We commit to:
– Ensure that customer privacy is not compromised.
– Comply with relevant standards and voluntary codes of conduct in marketing and advertising messages, and not promise more than is delivered.
– Make product and price information clear, complete and accurate, concerning the company and its products and services, including sustainability claims.
– Provide destination information, including sustainability aspects, which is factually correct, balanced, and complete.
– Inform clients about the environmental impact of different transport options to reach the destination (in case these are not included in the package), and to offer sustainable alternatives, where available.
– Promote (Certified) sustainable accommodations, excursions, packages, and/or transport options, with logos or other messages; ensuring they are recognizable to consumer and presented as the “better” option.
– Inform the customer about sustainable alternatives concerning accommodations, excursions, package holidays, and transport options, if available.
– Clearly inform (potential) direct customers, about sustainability commitments and actions.
– Provide Information to consumers about the natural surroundings, local culture, and cultural heritage in the holiday destination.
– Inform consumers about key sustainability aspects and issues in the destination and receive recommendations on how to make a positive contribution.
– Inform customers about risks and precautions related to health and safety matters in the destination.
– Keep a contact person and a telephone number permanently available for emergencies.
– Train personnel and keep guidelines available, on how to deal with emergencies.
– Provide clients with documented guidelines and/or codes of conduct for sensitive excursions and activities, to minimize negative visitor impact and maximize enjoyment. When possible, guidelines are developed in collaboration with relevant NGO’s and the affected community.
– Provide customers with information about commercial, sexual, or any other form of exploitation and harassment, particularly of children and adolescents.
– Inform clients about applicable legislation concerning the purchasing, sales, import, and export of historic or religious artifacts and articles containing materials of threatened flora and/or fauna in the destination.
Motivate clients to use local restaurants and shops.
– Inform clients on sustainable transport options in destinations, when feasible.
– Encourage clients to donate to a local charity and sustainable initiatives.
– Measure systematically client satisfaction and take into account the results, for service and product improvements.
– Include sustainability as an integral part of the research into client satisfaction.
– Have clear procedures in case of complaints from clients.